What is the best way to wash my dog sled harness?
Eventually, my new harness will be muddy, or smelly, or just plain dirty - then what!
- Hand washing is best, so prep your tub or kitchen sink. A drain filter or stop is a good idea to catch any fur from clogging up your drain.
- Put cool to cold water in the sink with mild soap – dish or hand soap works well. Hot water will make your harness shrink – so use cool water only.
- Hand scrub the harness until you are satisfied you have the dirt and grime off.
- Using cool water rinse all residue soap and dirty water off the harness
- Hang to air dry (hot dryer temperatures can cause shrinking)
- Once fully dry store in a dry place
Not cleaning related, BUT do be sure to check your harnesses frequently for any damage or wear.